This 58 hour course prepares nurse aides and residential attendants to administer nonparenteral medications in Long Term Care facilities. This course is approved by the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals and Nebraska Health and Human Services regulations governing medication aides. Nebraska requires the participants pass the Nebraska State Exam after completing this course.
This program is approved tuition assistance for eligible Iowa residents. To apply, contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (712) 325-3268 for more information!
- All students must take the “Prepare to Care” 6-hour lecture on the first day of class. An exam given that day must be passed with an 80% or better in order to advance to the Medication Aide portion of the class.
- Students must have an 80% or better on the Medication Aide final exam, which is scheduled upon completion of the clinical portion.
- All course projects and reports must be completed. Students must complete at least 10 hours of clinical in the long term care facility to successfully complete the course requirements and receive a certificate.
- The clinical must be taught by a Registered Nurse in the sponsoring facility. The skills checklist must be returned by mail or in person to IWCC within 6 weeks of the last day of class.
Prerequisites (Must be submitted before the class starts.)
- A letter from the administrator or DON of the sponsoring facility verifying the following: 6 months of experience, DCW Registry, employee’s attitude, interest & reliability.
- Reading comprehension, writing ability and aptitude for math.
- Absence of history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Competency in obtaining blood pressure and apical pulses.
- Copy of license of RN who will teach the 10 hours of clinical in the sponsoring facility.
For facility pay, click on this link Registration Form
. Fax the completed form with payment information to (712) 325-3721 or email email@example.com