This course is designed to prepare the Iowa LPN to perform procedures related to the expanded scope of intravenous therapy in a licensed hospital, licensed skilled nursing facility and a certified end-stage renal dialysis unit. IV Therapy for clients age 12 or older and weighing 80 pounds or more. LPN-C certificate given upon completion of classroom and sponsoring facility clinical portion.
This Agency Agreement
must be completed and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of the class. It specifies that 16 clinical hours must be completed within your facility for successful completion of the course.
Mail, bring, fax, or email these pre-requisites to:
Mail or Drop off:
- Must have an unrestricted LPN or RN license
- Must have at least 6 months of nursing experience
- Must currently work in hospital, skilled nursing or end stage dialysis unit
- Must submit a completed Agency Agreement committing to 16 hours of clinical experience.
- Must take a math test prior to class start date and obtain a 90% or better
- Must register and complete math test at least 2 weeks prior to start date
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Please request math exam upon registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 712-325-3255.